Sunday, September 9, 2012

August 2012

Crap! Sorry I've done it again. August was crazy busy and emotionally up and down. I don't really have the energy or inclination to go into the down bits, they are things that are being worked on so that's a good thing. Nothing like facing a few home truths but everyone needs a good kick up the arse every now and then I guess.

I got to do a few fun things. I took my girls to the play adaptation of The Gruffalo's Child by Julia Donaldson. A few years ago I took Miss 7 (then about 4 or 5 I think) to see The Gruffalo and it was fantastic. This follow up story was just as good. Not sure who enjoyed it more, me or the kids. It was a real treat to see their faces light up as they watched.

Hubby had a two day conference in Freo (Fremantle) with all hotel accommodation and meals included for the both of us.  It was a fabulous break for me (especially as we were upgraded to a Spa Suite) and I indulged in a little shopping, reading and a lot of writing! Oh to have that much time on my hands more often. It got me really excited about my story again (things got a little slow for a while). My goal is to work on this everyday.

Films

Conan the Barbarian
this was rather blood thirsty and over the top but Jason Momoa is very easy on the eye. Not sure if that balances things out but there you go ;)

Battleship
was very disappointed to see Alexander Skarsgard die so early on and the story line was pretty naff. Rihanna's one liners were truly awful. If I had my time over I wouldn't bother.

The Hunger Games
Now that's it's on DVD I had to watch it again and introduce it to Hubby. Still love it :)

Goon
I quite enjoyed this (in between wincing at the violence) Sean Leonard Scott played a very likable character.

21 Jump Street
my crush on Channing Tatum continues! This was hilarious!

TV

Misfits Season 1, 2 & 3
British Supernatural TV show, seriously check it out! Love the accents and the attitude.

Mrs Browns Boys Series 1
another UK show, for the most part it was crap. it's humour is an acquired taste but there are some rare very witty one liners that had me laughing. My inlaws think it is hilarious :?

Suits Season 1
this will keep me happy until Sons of Anarchy and Dexter start

Grimm Season 2
the story improves :)


Reading

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith
I read this because the title is AWESOME! and I saw the trailer to the film and instantly wanted to see it, however the book wasn't quite as I'd imagined it. Having said that though, it is quite an interesting read (especially when you know very little of the history of Abraham Lincoln like me, they don't teach that in Aussie schools)
I haven't managed to see the movie yet but I do wonder how closely it follows the book.

What Happens in Vegas by Sylvia Day
this is a quickie from the author of Bared to You and even though it is a very short story, it is written so well that you get to know the characters, which impressed me. I'm looking forward to reading more of her work.

Sorry I've rushed this post but thanks heaps for popping by x o x o

No comments: