Saturday, February 26, 2011

Me Time - February 2011

Films

Devil - quite a good short film that keeps you guessing, having said that I think they could have done an even better job. The idea had enormous potential to become a really terrifying movie. At the start of the film, Hubby and I took a guess as to who is the Devil. We both agreed on one particular character and turned out to be right but didn't know it for certain until the very end which was cool :)

Joseph & the Technicolour Dreamcoat - the 1999 version with Donny Osmond as Joseph, initially watched because Miss 6 has begun Musical Theatre at her dance studio and is learning the opening song "Any Dream Will Do". She is still learning to read so was frustrated when she couldn't read all of the song sheet in class. I figured this would be a good way to learn the words as well as see where the song fits in. I'd never seen or heard anything to do with this particular musical (apart from that Jason Donovan was in it in the UK) so it was a learning experience for me too and quite entertaining  :)

Love & Other Drugs - this was an entertaining, not quite your run of the mill romantic comedy, it also had a deeper side to it that made it quite thought provoking. Yes, I definitely liked this one :)

TV

Sons of Anarchy (season 1 & 2) - still good :)

The Secret Diary of a Call Girl (series 4) - oh how I love this show! very sad to find out that this is the last season so I'm savouring every episode :)

Being Human (series 3) - this show just keeps getting better. I have a huge soft spot for Mitchell, George and Annie. Nina not so much, not that's she's an awful character... she just doesn't hold the same appeal for me

Reading

The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson - loving it but it's taking me a while to get through it

Other Stuff... (what a rubbish heading!)

A friend put me onto a decadent little culinary treat which is just gorgeous. Fresh strawberries dipped in a little sour cream then rolled in brown sugar.... I know! but it just WORKS!!!!   I enjoyed it all by myself ;)

As a birthday treat for myself and a friend (her birthday is only 3 days before me) we went to one of those nail salons that have popped up everywhere in recent years for a spa pedicure. It was nice but I had kind of hoped for a little more for my money, no exfoliation (and my poor feet were in dire need, it was not hard to overlook!) and a crappy foot massage (in my opinion). Plus he trimmed my cuticle back so far I bled! I got the impression it really depended on the staff member who served you as to what treatment you got... guess I lucked out but my friend had a better person working on her which I was glad of since it was my present to her. I would have hated her getting a crappy experience and me a better one.

No comments: