Saturday, April 30, 2011

Me Time - April 2011

Looking back at April and it hardly seems worth posting as I really don't feel like I had very much Me Time at all

This is mainly due to my beloved children... and their erratic sleep patterns. I'm losing precious quiet time in the evenings (and therefore time in which I can settle into a good tv show etc) because if my cherubs go to bed too early, they wake abominally early (and hence wake me abominally early!) so we are trialing a later bedtime and for the most part it helps them sleep until almost 7am. Ideally I think its time to eradicate the daytime nap (or at the very least shortening it) for my 2 year old but that's been tricky and she almost always ends up falling asleep. I will persist and hopefully regain my time / sanity.

But here's what I did get up to...

I FINALLY finished The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest and it was worth wading through all the back story. I did get the impression that there may have been more in the series or at least there was potential for the characters to turn up in other books had Stieg Larsson not passed away. What a loss to the reading world :(

Our wedding anniversary falls in this month and we decided to take ourselves out for the day. We enjoyed a Dim Sum lunch, something I've never had before.... it was nice to be able to try all sorts of different things however some of the dishes were not as hot as they should have been (or would have been nicer if they'd been hotter by the time they reached us in the far, far corner of the restaurant) and the service was not that great (though I was not surprised by this), also if we did Dim Sum again it would be with a bigger group (more variety = more fun).

Then we went to see the AC/DC exhibition at the WA Museum, it was good to find out more about the band's history (not being a huge fan, I know very little) and great to see whole families visiting together (parents who were obvious fans wanting to share it with their kids) but I felt it was lacking... it comprised mainly of photos and video footage, billboards and album covers. There was a case with 3 of Angus' costumes, another with Bon Scott's leather jacket and another with a guitar (can't remember whose) and that's what I had been expecting more of and was disappointed to find so little.
BUT... what was really cool was the collection of handwritten letters and cards from Bon Scott to family and friends. They were very entertaining to read :)

I did reward myself with another magical massage too... I am determined to save my pennies and have them as often as I can. I come out feeling so good.

I hesitate to combine my decluttering ventures with my Me Time but I have found that I am gaining a very real sense of satisfaction and peace with the space we've recently created in our home. Without the background "noise" of the clutter, it hasn't been anywhere near as stressful and I'm not finding myself gazing around (some) the rooms making a mental list of all I have to do instead if chilling. It's incentive enough to continue but I wouldn't go so far as to say it has been fun.

No comments: