Friday, September 2, 2011

August... my least favourite month of the year


*sigh* August... the last month of winter here and after furiously staving off lurgies all season, along comes August with a wave of nasties in the air to bowl us over. And this year we copped it big time

Miss almost 7 brought home a nasty virus from school, she was miserable with aches and high temperatures for 4 or 5 days, Little Miss almost 3 picked up a lesser version and suffered only for a couple of days.

And me? went from a sore throat & croaky voice to full blown pneumonia in less than a week. OMG! it has been a long long time since I have felt so seriously ill and it has taken a while to recover.... realistically I am still not quite there yet but so so much better.

So being crook took up much of my August and "me time" was limited... much of it spent in a zombie like state in between coughing fits. I couldn't nap much purely because I couldn't lie flat comfortably or without coughing.

I was lucky to have the support of a wonderful friend and family to help with the kids and my already planned trip to Fremantle for Hubby's conference was a fantastic chance to really rest. I took books to read and dvds to watch but I didn't feel like it. Sitting, staring, vegetating was so much easier.

Towards the end of the month, feeling much better I did start to get back into things...

watching True Blood Season 4, I couldn't bring myself to watch it when I was really ill as I didn't want to "waste" an episode... as in not take it in. So I held out and caught up on it later

& reading A Song of Ice & Fire: A Game of Thrones by George R R Martin, having loved the tv series, this has been wonderful to read

mostly I've just been watching whatever guff is on tv, nothing really note worthy but we have gotten a giggle out of a show on SBS called The Hotel which is a daggy reality show based on the goings on at an English Hotel called The Damsen Dene.

my creative writing has been at a stand still pretty much the whole month, it's hard to be creative when your feel like crap but I'm keen to get back into it once my energy levels are back :)

oh and I almost forgot... my mother came to visit for a week this month too, I love her but jeez nothing stifles my creativity nor drains me emotionally more than spending time with her. This time round she tried my patience more than once and in my premenstrual state (which came to my rescue for once) I let her have it.
I don't regret it one bit... nuff said

No comments: