Friday, June 29, 2012

what a week!

it's been one of those weeks where you feel like you've been put through the wringer, at least this one ends on a happy note

so last week I excitedly posted that I had got the job *YAY*

just needed an official start date (one would think at this point it would be safe to start counting chickens right?)

Yeah well...

I hadn't heard any more by Monday lunchtime this week so decided to call my recruitment agency to put an end to my anxiety.

Sadly the centre that I was being posted at had decided to re-shuffle their existing staff and didn't need me anymore.

*CRAP! CRAP! CRAP!*

but my contact at the agency pressed the issue and found another local centre that needed someone. Not quite the same position, though I am doing the same thing to start with. But it's something when there realistically could have been nothing at the end of this rainbow.

So I started on Wednesday...

When I arrived, the manager wasn't entirely sure why I was there.

What the? Oh crap not again!?!

But I told her what I knew and she was still happy to have me start.

I've worked 3 days this week and when I arrived for my shift today, the manager told me that she was very impressed with my performance so far and how much I've picked up in 2 days (by day 2 she had me serving customers for limited things)

It's been great. The staff are so lovely and fun. I think I am going to love it there.

Yay me :)



No comments: