Saturday, July 20, 2013

thought for the day

I had a massage yesterday.  It's something I don't do often enough for myself.

The lady I see is a little alternative, for lack of a better word but I like her.  She gives an awesome remedial type massage but there is a spiritual aspect to what she does. 

When she works on you, your body tells her where to go next... that's sounds a bit weird I know but it works for me.  I end up getting what I need rather than what I think I need, usually it's not about the physical side of things.

And I always come away with something to think about.  This time what she told me really resonated with what is going on with my life.

She spoke about an incident in her life which I knew about before but what had changed was her perspective.  Her interpretation of the event as a child had created lifelong issues and recently she spoke to the person involved to finally ask why.  The answer turned out to be the complete opposite to what she had told herself all her life and gave her freedom from the bonds she'd created for herself.

It made me think about things that have happened in my life and question the message I'm sending myself.

By no means am I saying that this can be applied to everything or everyone.  There are incidences that can not be forgiven or forgotten by changing ones perspective but the things that came to the forefront of my mind when I spoke to my massage lady are things I think I can work on.

Wish me luck x

No comments: