Wednesday, January 18, 2012

the little shish that could...


back in October I wrote briefly about looking for employment and unfortunately I didn't get any nibbles from the resumes I had put about.

Disappointing but a tiny part of me was kinda relieved because I knew it was such a busy time of year. That's not to say that I couldn't have fitted a small part time job into the mix as well and made it work.

But what also disappointed me was seeing who the stores were hiring instead of someone like me... school leavers who had little to no idea about customer service. It's a big slap in the confidence department when you know how much experience you have in that area and you are still over looked. I realise that much of the attraction to hiring leavers is that they don't have to be paid as much... but still, more often than not you get what you pay for.

So that's my grumble.

But I am still looking, applying when something suitable pops up and looking some more.

My confidence levels have plummeted even further since October and I am realising that if I don't keep at it I might never do it :/

So I think I can... I think I can... I think I can... choo choo!!!

No comments: