Friday, May 11, 2012

what I'm learning while I'm writing

It's been quite a while since I sat down properly to work on my writing. The more I think about the storyline the more complex it becomes and I haven't felt like I could do it justice if I did little bits at a time but I'm not getting the opportunity to spend the amount of time I'd like to in any one innings so the first thing I've "learned" is that I'm just going to have to do what I can, when I can.

Secondly, the phrase "write what you know" ... I don't think I understood the meaning of that because I thought I didn't know anything but in fact I can see now I know an awful lot. And writing about that sort of thing or incorporating it into a story is what (hopefully) makes it believable.  I'm definitely not writing an autobiography but places I've been and people I know or at least elements of them are popping up.

It's kinda exciting :)

No comments: